Friday, July 25, 2008

VII: 'Tang Ina

"Puta'ang Ina" = "Bitch mother"

This is what people say here instead of "shit!" And if you want to call someone a son of a bitch... you say "Puta ang ina mo" or "Your mom is a bitch." So actually, this is much more gender-friendly because you can say it to a female as well. I've heard this phrase more times in this Internet Cafe than I have in my life before coming to the Philippines. It's kinda' funny... but I never really put much thought into the literal translation until now. Random update, I know.

I don't have much to say today. Or maybe I'm just super lazy to say anything else. I have to wake up at 6 a.m. tomorrow to take a road trip to Antipolo, where there's supposed to be an epic waterpark. We're caravaning 40 of our local family members to the park to have a day-long party. "Galing!"

I'm excited. And tired. *Extra-long sigh*

No comments: