Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Transatlanticism

After I'm gone, I hope you'll remember me. I'll be thousands of miles away, and between us, the cold, stabbing waters of the Atlantic Ocean will rage on.
But even if we live on opposite sides of the world, you'll always be right beside me, warming my mind and my heart. Because distance can never get in the way of the truth we know.

Look up at the moon once in a while. I hope you'll take comfort in the fact that it's the same one that I see. Like the incandescent light that brightens the dark sky, that's what you are to me.

Don't worry my dear, I'll be back soon enough. And I promise you that our lives will be better because of this short sacrifice. I know that nothing worth having comes easy, and I only hope that you'll understand. Because the most important thing in my world is to take care of you and me.

No comments: